Wednesday, April 7, 2010
4/7/10
This group discussion was interesting for me. We really focused a lot on talking about character developement from the beginning of the book up to where we are now. One of my questions was why does Katie not want Francie and Neeley to cry for Johnny when he died? Mckenzie answered my question by saying that Kaite wants her kids to be stronger than she is becasue Johnny's death is affecting her in a very negative way now that she's pregnant. We talked about the part in the book where Katie says that from now on she will be her kid's mother and father. I participated well to this part of the discussion by explaining to my group members why she says this. I said Katie says this because she knows that Johnny was a good father to her kids and she doesn't want them to be missing out on having only one parent. We also discussed about how the Nolans were split up into two teams before Johnny died. Katie and Neeley were together and Franice and Johnny were together. I said that I think Franice is taking his death the hardest even though she doesn't always show it. Overall, I think I participated well today and my classmates cleared up a lot of questions I had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment